Honeymoons or mini-moons should be an experience you will cherish for the rest of your married lives. But in this beautiful world, with an endless list of destinations, choosing where to go can be extremely difficult.
Italy is known for its breathtaking scenery at every turn, beautiful sunsets, exemplary restaurants and delicious cuisine – everything you can wish for on your holiday after the big day.
Whether you are planning the honeymoon of a lifetime for next year, or simply booking a last-minute getaway to spend some much needed time together after the wedding, Tuscany has it all.
With destinations such as Rome & Florence only a stone’s throw away, Tuscany is the perfect location to celebrate your newly married status. Begin your journey as husband and wife in a truly stunning destination and create honeymoon memories to last for an eternity.
Here are a few dreamy ideas
- Dip into the local, natural hot springs – luxuriate together in thermal waters at one of the many spas dotted throughout the region including Bagno Vignoni, San Filippo and Rapolano Terme.
- Hire a Vespa – scoot through the beautiful Tuscan countryside or the side streets of Florence, and pack a picnic for an idyllic lunch made with delicious local produce.
- Watch the sunset overlooking Piazzale Michelangelo – Follow the path to the top of the hill and become instantly mesmerised by the stupendous views that never fail to capture the heart.
- Sail across the sky in a hot air balloon – experience a sunset like no other while taking a ride across the Tuscan hills, from the enchanted valleys of Montisi.
- Taste the best ice creams in the world – why not visit Gelateria Kopakabana in Siena for an Italian sweet treat? Taste one of their 200 delicious and original flavoured ice creams that cannot be found anywhere else!
- Write a letter to Juliet – take a day trip to Verona (approx. 3 hour drive) and seal your love with an enclosed story of your big day that began your happily ever after!
- Declare your love at the Golden Tree – take a trip to Lucignano and allow the mystical powers to strengthen the love promised between bride & groom
- Explore Chianti and sample traditional Tuscan wine – visit Donatella Cinelli Colombini for the perfect glass of wine, while overlooking the striking rolling hills and beautiful scenery.
- Re-enact the classic Disney movie moment –Italian cuisine is some of the finest in the world. Enjoy a spaghetti kiss, a la “Lady and the Tramp” over a candlelit dinner at Walter Redaelli and enjoy the stunning views, as well as the delicious courses.
Where to stay?
If Tuscany seems like the dream destination for your honeymoon or mini-moon, then why not choose Cignella? Perfectly situated to enjoy all that Tuscany has to offer, Cignella is the perfect destination for romance and relaxation. It is said that love is the food of life, so why not make your travel to Tuscany the desert?
The spacious and airy villas and apartments have lovingly been renovated from their former use as a traditional Tuscan farm to offer modern and extremely comfortable accommodation. With quality appliances, ample lounge and dining areas plus an outside terrace there is plenty of space to relax and unwind!
This trip signifies the beginning of your future together and so enjoy the alone time! Cignella’s grounds include a private pool, large terraces to enjoy the views and a glass of wine (or a bottle) and views like no other.
Why not personalise your stay for extra romance? Book an in-room spa treatment or hire a private chef to cook you a truly traditional Tuscan meal? At Cignella, they insist on creating the perfect vacation, tailored personally to you.
Italians are proud of their reputation for outstanding hospitality and the staff at Cignella are no exception! As a small independent resort, they are happy to help you before you arrive and during your stay. Knowing the region well, staff can offer local advice and book activities and tours to ensure your stay is perfect in every way.
www.cignella.com for more details.